Thursday, April 15, 2010

Successful Event In a Bag!

Tote Bag to Success

Wish Boutique will be hosting an event for University of Houston Sororities. Planning this event has taken lot of time and great planning techniques. Let me tell you what I keep in my tote bag to help me remember our techniques for the planning and programming of this event. The tote bag represents the shopping bag for Wish Boutique. What goes in it is what makes the event successful.
First step to planning and programming is to define the problem or opportunity. Wish has the opportunity to hold an event at their store for sororities. The events and activities that will be going on at Wish will provide them with the chance to sell more clothes and make more money. That is what the wallet in my tote bag represents. Many companies and organizations find opportunities to make money whether it's for them or for charity. When they have that chance, more than likely they will take.

The second step is the situational analysis. I carry a small agenda in my tote bag to remind me of what we plan to do for Wish Boutique. An agenda consist of a plan just like the situational analysis. You always have to have one!

The third step is to program the goal. My mirror in my bag is what represents the goal. When people look in the mirror sometimes they may set goals for themselves based on what they see. When Wish Boutique looks in the mirror they see a successful clothing store that can be improved. They set a goal for themselves to increase awareness of the store among UH student population by presenting this event to sorority members.

The fourth step is to create the strategy. My phone in my bag represents a very important part of our strategy. We need to reach out to the sororities and promote and advertise the event. We will be using a lot of social media for this. This will involve twittering, posting the event on Facebook and most of all communicating with presidents and leaders of these organizations. All of these strategies can be done from a little thing I like to call my phone. Don't you just love technology?

The fifth step is to decide on the target publics and objectives. This is where my I.D. comes in. The I.D. represents demographics which is what we needed to look at to decide our target audience. An I.D. has everything on it from race to height to age. In your bag you will also need a spare tape measurer. This tape measurer represents the objectives. All objectives must be measurable. The tape measurer in your bag will remind you of that every time! Keep it handy!

Live*Laugh"Love*Learn

No comments:

Post a Comment